CubeRoot provides data collection, data segmentation, and data distribution to facilitate interest based advertising for advertisers, publishers, and content providers (our customers) and provide a more relevant advertising experience to consumers. In order to provide these services, CubeRoot collects information about users’ online activity across websites and mobile applications
We collect CubeRoot Audience Targeting Data from our partners (such as publishers, mobile app developers, and other third-party providers of advertising technology and services) in a variety of ways, including through the use of browser cookies, pixels, application software development kits (SDKs), or server-to-server connections with our partners.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user’s Internet browser, and can be accessed by web servers when the browser returns to a website or goes to another website. Cookies are used by companies to gather information about visits to websites – for example, number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information helps companies to improve a user’s online experience in many ways: for example, by making the website easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of promotional ad placements, and tailoring websites and advertisements to better match a user’s interests and preferences.
- Server to Server connections. CubeRoot also may obtain data from other online and offline third-party sources directly through connections to their servers through various secure information transfer methods. CubeRoot does not collect personally identifiable information from users through its service. CubeRoot also does not store personally identifiable information such as name, address, telephone number, social security number, or e-mail address.
CubeRoot uses and may combine the information collected by various means, including from third party data sources, to help customers create a more relevant advertising and online experience for the user.
How We Use Collected Information
We and our customers use CubeRoot Targeting Data to provide more relevant advertising or content to users. For example, we may use information about your visits to multiple unaffiliated websites to infer the types of ads and content that may interest you. We also may use the information collected in browsers for advertising, analytics, or ad reporting purposes, or to improve the services.
We may use information about your activity across multiple unaffiliated third-party mobile applications to predict the types of advertisements that may interest you. We share this information, and information about your visits to multiple, unaffiliated sites, with advertisers, publishers, and content providers (our customers) to specify an ad, a group of ads, or content to be displayed to a particular computer or device. CubeRoot and its partners also may use such information for advertising, analytics, or ad reporting purposes, or to improve the services. We may combine this information with a mobile advertising identifier (such as your mobile device’s IDFA or Google Advertising ID) and may retain it for up to 90 days since the date of last activity.
CubeRoot uses standard non-sensitive health segments to deliver interest-based advertisements to users in web browsers and mobile applications.
CubeRoot may use data it collects or receives from advertising technology partners and customers, including publishers, to make a deterministic or statistical match of mobile advertising identifiers and cookie identifiers. For example, CubeRoot or its partners may match your devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or web browsers, or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user.
We also may use such information to match a user’s interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad reporting, or to improve the services.
Choices and Opting Out
You may opt out of CubeRoot’s data collection and use of Targeting Cookies for interest-based advertising purposes. You may also manage your advertising preferences in web browsers by adjusting the interest-based segments that we associate with your browser or device.
Please note that by opting out from CubeRoot, you are opting out of ad and content targeting activities that are conducted online via CubeRoot services. You will still receive online advertisements and content, but these ads and content may not be as relevant to you. Be advised that if you change computers or browsers, or use multiple computers or browsers or delete your cookies, you will need to repeat this process for each computer and each browser. You may download a browser plugin that will help you maintain your opt out choices, even if you delete certain cookies from your browser, by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/PMC.
CubeRoot effectuates do not track signals set in certain browsers by stopping collection of web viewing data for providing relevant advertising. CubeRoot currently applies signals set in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and certain versions of Internet Explorer. CubeRoot does not apply signals set in Internet Explorer version 10 and above.
If you would like to opt-out of CubeRoot’s interest-based advertising in mobile applications, you can download the Digital Advertising Alliance’s mobile application for each of your devices and set your preferences in the application.
If you reset the mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., Apple’s IDFA and Google Advertising ID), you will also need to reset your preferences in the AppChoices applications.
Cross-Device Matching Opt-out
If you would like to opt out of CubeRoot’s cross-device matching, you may do so by opting out using the tools identified in each of the “Web Browsers” and “Mobile Applications” sections above.
When you opt out using the tools for web browsers and mobile applications, CubeRoot will disassociate the information collected on the browser or device from which you have opted out from the other browsers or devices that CubeRoot may have matched to it (similarly, CubeRoot will disassociate the information collected on other browsers or devices from the device from which you have opted out). To opt-out on all of your browsers and devices that CubeRoot may have matched, please opt out separately on each device and each browser that you use.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
CubeRoot may share information that we collect through or in connection with the services with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
- CubeRoot may share CubeRoot Targeting Data, and information derived from Targeting Data, with our customers in the ordinary course of our business. We indicate to our customers that an CubeRoot targeting cookie or mobile advertising identifier is a member of an CubeRoot Targeting Data segment at various times. For example, a particular browser or device may be associated as a member of a segment (e.g., interests in Green Living or Movies) when the browser or device visits certain Web pages or mobile applications that are operated by our customers. Our customers may use a browser’s or device’s associated membership within a segment of inferred commercial interests based on browsing activity across unaffiliated websites or mobile apps over time to display advertisements and other content that are related to that segment. Customers may also use other partners acting on behalf of those customers to display advertising or other content that reflects a browser’s or device’s membership in a segment.
- CubeRoot may share Targeting Data with third-party service providers (e.g., data storage and processing facilities) to perform business functions for us or on our behalf.
- CubeRoot may also disclose Targeting Data if we believe that we have a legal obligation to do so or where necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- In the event CubeRoot merges with another company, or another company acquires all or substantially all of CubeRoot’s assets, including, without limitation, in the event of bankruptcy, all data compiled or owned by CubeRoot may be among the items transferred in that transaction.
Data Storage, Retention, and Security
Except as otherwise stated in this policy, CubeRoot may store the data it collects on its servers. CubeRoot may retain anonymous log file data, including cookie data, web browsing data, and mobile browsing data (including data from app usage) for up to 120 days for ad targeting purposes. Aggregated data may be retained for other purposes, including analytics, for up to 13 months.
CubeRoot uses generally accepted industry security standards including physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect our data. No security measures, however thorough, are perfect, and there can be no absolute assurance of security.
The services provided by CubeRoot are not intended for persons under 13 years of age. CubeRoot’s products and services are not developed or directed at children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information including not from children under the age of 13, nor do we market our products or services to children under the age of 13.
Changes to Our Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to review our current Policy so that you may know what information we gather and how we may use that information.
Should you have questions in regards to this Policy or CubeRoot’s privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail/phone at: NR2, DLF phase 3, MG Road, Gurgaon 122002. +91 124 4011500
Updated: June 11, 2016, Effective March 18, 2016